The Laredo Licensed U.S. Customs Brokers Association
in conjunction with
Association of Logistics & Forwarding Agents
invite you to its
2020 International Trade & Customs Seminar Series
- Joe A. Cortez - President, International Trade Advisors and the former U.S. Department of Commerce (Census) Regulations Chief and Trade Ombudsman
- Eric Gauthier- Supervisor, International Trade Mgmt. Division, U.S. Census Bureau, Washington D.C.
- Representatives from the Laredo Export Team
ACE for Exports- Understanding AES
Minimizing the Threat of Penalties
Thursday, February 27, 2020
At the Laredo College, De La Garza Bldg,
ITIA Room 101 Laredo, Texas
Seating is limited, so please pre-register
This seminar is designed to provide a general understanding of the submission of the AES procedures. CBP will provide essential facts on how to avoid penalties and minimize errors as well as expedite exportation procedures for Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders.
Topics to be addressed include:
Mandatory Filing requirements
- Warehouse withdrawal -In-bond merchandise
- Merchandise purchased from duty free store over $2,500.00
- General merchandise with values over $2,500.00
- What is an AES qualifying shipment?
- Written Authorization to file the EEI (Electronic Export Information)
- Proper filing of the EEI on Self propelled vehicles & correct classifications
- Exemptions – when is it not required and what official statement is necessary
- Penalties/Warnings – Who can be penalized?
- Best practices for maintaining compliance with export regulations
The information provided is important so that you can make a sound business decision to reduce preventable liabilities. Additionally, this is an opportunity to confirm if your company is compliant with the current applicable statutes and regulations. It is important that Customs Brokers, Forwarding Agents attend this seminar to fully comprehend their role, liability and responsibility when working with export control requirements.
An awareness of regulations and how it applies to international trade is a must to provide member support in navigating the complexities of day to day operations while ensuring that the integrity of supply chain practices is maintained. Sign up and reserve your seat today!
||Registration - Breakfast
||Welcome and Introductions
Review of the Export Regulations
||Break and Networking
||Lunch BREAK (Box Lunch Included)
U.S. CBP Export Team
||Automated Export System / ACE AESDirect
||ACE Export Reports
Cost: $190 per person or $270 for Non-Members
$170 per person for groups of 3 or more from the same company Continental Breakfast & lunch will be served
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Limited Seating, reserve now!
CES Points have been requested